Saturday, February 18, 2006

Word Filter

Thanks for the good times

Special shoutout to everyone who helped celebrate my born-day this week. Much fun was had, many blunts smoked and much alcohol consumed…maybe too much of the last in some people’s case. Either way, I’m gonna let my liver relax a little bit in the next few days. It seems like a wise decision.

Word!

Yes, in case you didn’t notice, my first review is up on Ohword. I’m so proud. Leave intelligent comments relating to Public Enemy. Perhaps even something controversial. My next one should be hopefully up next week and if not, week after next. I’m also kicking around some ideas for something a little longer but that’s nowhere near ready yet.

Some more on J Dilla

I never realized how much of my favorite music has been made by this man. While the aforementioned Ohword dropped a huge tribute including links to every possible internet dedication of note, I want to leave y’all with this post, scooped off the Okayplayer boards.

J Dillas funeral was sad, yet Beautiful!!!

I just got home from Dillas funeral,and although I'm sad to see the brother gone,I know he was impressed by the people who payed homage! People like Common (of course),Q-Tip,Erykah Badu,Pete Rock,Amp Fiddler,Ali Shaheed Muhammed & Phife Dog(who both sat directly behind me) Karrem Riggins,Wajeed,B.R.Gunna,Madlib,J-Roc,Busta Rhymes,Xzibit,Dialated Peoples,a lot of House DJ's like Ron Trent and Dj Spinna,and a host of others whom I did'nt see or could'nt notice(like the Infamous DOOM,who was there but I forgot what he looks like widdout the mask!So that **** really does work!!!lol)When I got there(fifteen to two)I was given one of the dopest Programs ever in funeral history!Complete with a Poem from his Ma'Dukes ,His Story,His Biography,Tributes from Rasheed(Common),Karrem,T3,his patna Dank,and his baby moms.Various pictures w/friends and Dillas Discography complete with Mc credits,Prodution credits by year from 93'to 06'. As I sat down I could'nt believe my ears when this Dilla instrumental came on and played faintly in the front of the church.The instrumental was the one off of Welcome to Detroit track #9 Brazzilan Groove (which is personally my favorite,I played that song one day last year in my ladies car bak to back twelve times in a row,one day!). The CD they played also included songs off Fantastic vol. 2 like Players,Raise it up,and a lot of others with Comments from Com,Pete,T3 and more. The Reverend Perry Sparks gave a Beutiful sermon/Eulogy. The Cementary itself was breathtaking!You had to drive allllllllllllll the way to the top of this hill and when you got to the top you could see miles and miles of green pasture.The funeral was closed casket,but there was a small "shrine" with Dillas personal belongings(Mix equipment,jacket,Detriot"D"hat,a belt buckle that said "WEED"on it, and a couple blizzunts)The only thing that did'nt go as plan(as far as I could tell)was there was supposed to be a Soulquarian Tribute being sung by D'Angelo and Bilal,but when it was announced for them to come to the alter and perform D'Angelo was nowhere in sight,if they got to perform that song Dilla would have cried tears from heaven.It's funny sometimes to hear older gentlmen speak,like when the Reverend said "the Roots" he pronounced it "the Ruttz" and also pronounced "bilal" "B-lil",I thought I was the only one who thought that was funny ,till I heard Ali,and Phife chuckle behind me.Although it was a sad moment to see Black Thought walking through the crowd outside giving pounds to Busta and Phife,It was also real to see him, see Questlove for the first time of the day,and stop and hug him and cry wholeheartedly in Quest chest as Quest embraces his brother!When it was time for the Intement to lay Brother Dilla in the earth,I looked to the sky and witnessed a plane making a gigantic heart next to one it just made.Now I know it was Valentines Day but that moment seemed too surreal for it to be coincidence.Well I'm outta here I got some catchin'up to do with my girl,but I was giving all of you who could'nt make it cuz you were snowed in or whatever reason you could'nt attend the scoop on Dilla who died a legend like Marvin Gaye,last week tuesday was that mans birthday and his album(Donuts)came out on the same day,he passed that Friday and his funeral was this tuesday on Valentines Day!!!Go figure.PEACE and LOVE to Mrs.Yancey and family and friends.

Rest in peace Jay Dee and rest assured that your time on this earth has left an impact on millions.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats deep shit. When i heard 'Wont Do' for the first time i shed a few tears. He recognised his talent and did his best to get as much as he could out there..Just like Pac.
Hes a real inspiration. I can imagine pac, dilla, big nd dem pumpin heavens floors :)

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know the 2moons dil, in the game you need the 2moons gold. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to
buy 2moons dil, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the
2moon dil, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
cheap 2moons gold. I am happy with him.

Do you know the Asda Story gold,in the game you need the
Asda Story money. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to
buy Asda Story Gold, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the
Asda Story gold, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
cheap Asda Story gold. I am happy with him.

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know ,I have some priston tale Gold, and my friend also has some
priston tale Money, do you kouw they have the same meaning,I just want to
buy priston tale Gold, because there are many
cheap priston tale Gold.
You know ,I have some shadow of legend Gold, and my friend also has some
sol gold, do you kouw they have the same meaning,Both of them can be called
shadow of legend money,I just want to
buy shadow of legend Gold, because there are many
cheap shadow of legend Gold.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a new player , you may need some game guides or information to enhance yourself.
knight gold is one of the hardest theme for every class at the beginning . You must have a good way to manage your knight noah.If yor are a lucky guy ,you can earn so many knight online gold by yourself . But if you are a not , I just find a nice way to get knight online noah. If you need , you can buy cheap knight gold at our website . Go to the related page and check the detailed information . Once you have any question , you can connect our customer service at any time .

Making Rose zuly is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of rose zulie . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of rose online zuly almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of rose online zulie here I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to Arua ROSE zuly.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not know how to get strong, someone told me that you must have last chaos gold. He gave me some lastchaos gold, he said that I could buy last chaos gold, but I did not have money, then I played it all my spare time. From then on, I got some lastchaos money, if I did not continue to play it, I can sell cheap lastchaos gold to anyone who want.
Once I played 4story, I did not know how to get strong, someone told me that you must have 4story Luna. He gave me some 4story Gold, he said that I could buy 4story Luna, but I did not have money, then I played it all my spare time. From then on, I got some 4story money, if I did not continue to play it, I can sell cheap 4story Luna to anyone who want.

12:48 AM  
Blogger qwe said...

rohan crone has many ways for us to use. When you start the Rohan Online game, your character will be level 1. I remembered that when I started playing this Rohan game with some little cheap rohan money. My friends all told me that the best way to spend rohan online gold is a good way. But I could not like spending my own rohan online crone. If you do not like upgrading level step by step, you can cost rohan gold to help your character to reach level high.
rf gold which in RF Online Game is very popular for many players. Play this online game the premise that we have more enough rf online gold first. They are able to combine creative tools and weapons with some rf money and the Light form of universal magic. Under such sustained attacks they fell from power, yet they have bided their rf cp and time. Due to make cheap rf gold the intense gravity on their home planet, the Bellato are the smallest people.

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seal cegel and the swordsman in the seal online. Is it solo able in the sealonline cegel? It is not too bad, you should survive pretty well with seal online cegel if you equipment is up to date. Someone would like me who just reached IVI90 be able to survive more than one hit because cheap seal cegel. The work of the reward system works without buy seal online cegel.
silkroad gold in the silkroad you may or may not notice. I know vitality is very tempting in sro gold. You may be feeling intelligence in silk road gold. You are going to be getting crab pincers which like silkroad online gold, depending on which server you are on. cheap silkroad gold can help you get a high level in short time.

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home