Thursday, February 23, 2006

Tammi Terrel - All I do is think about you

Tammi Terrel – All I do is think about you

There isn’t much to say except I love this song and wanted to share it with my ever increasing readership (no seriously! We’re on the upswing!). I was searching for a Jackson Five track of the same name that Dilla sampled last week when I came across this interesting slice of soul. I assumed it was a different version of the same song since Motown artists were notorious in competing for the best version of their material, but it turns out that I was wrong: this is a cutting-room floor leftover that just happened to share the same name and that never got any shine.

I don’t know if I should be shaking my head at this bone-headed mistake or incredibly impressed that the quality control was so tight that a gem like this wasn’t even worth a b-side.

Thankfully for us though, a compilation’s worth of these things came out (A Cellar full of Motown) and now we get to hear it in all its heavenly glory. It’s actually hard to think of material like this as “old” music considering how school-girly Tammy sounds crooning about it’d be nice if the guy she has a crush on would reciprocate as the sound bounces to the beat of those giant cavernous Motown drums we know in love. The instrumentation is all vibes and strings and has a certain mournful quality to it which helps any love song: she knows that this dude has zero interest but all she can do is think about him. I was actually tempted to make a montage of this song to images from Kill Bill but that’ll probably be filed under “projects I’ll never have time for”, so until then a simple mp3 link on this blog will have to satisfy my urge to let the world hear this song.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stevie covered this on one of his later albums. Dope as hell, but doesn't have quite the same magic as this one.

Either way, great song from a really stellar compilation, so glad to see it highlighted for the public (assuming anyone reads this).

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know the fiesta Gold, in the game you need the
fiesta money. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to
buy fiesta Gold, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the
fiesta online gold, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
fiesta online money. I am happy with him.
Do you know the tcos Gold, in the game you need the
chronicles of spellborn gold. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to buy the chronicles of spellborn Gold, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the
tcos money, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
chronicles of spellborn money. I am happy with him.

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home