Saturday, February 04, 2006

State of the (blog) Union

I didn’t want to announce anything until the ink was dry and I was well into my first contribution, but its set in stone now: I’ll officially be contributing content to www.ohword.com’s  review section. This pretty much conflicts with what I was doing at this blog and thus entitles a change in direction.

I started this blog on MSN spaces where I still keep a mirror last as a way to let my friends read about me while I was traveling in Europe and decided to keep it afterwards. When July came around I started updating daily providing mostly movie reviews from the Fantasia film festival along with a couple of other musings. I started getting a decent number of hits and started writing more, the blog eventually became an outlet in itself and I started to do it for the sake of writing, forcing out 500 words a day. Sure the words weren’t always good, but it was really more of an semi-public exercise to strengthen my style than anything serious. I figured if I wrote everyday I could improve my writing. It was a reasonable idea and I think I’ve actually succeeded in that respect though I’ve got a way to go until I’m totally satisfied. Eventually however, the hits stalled and I ran out of content, becoming a second-hand Hiphop news site with the occasional review of a new release. I clearly needed a better publicized and more professional outlet that demanded higher quality writing to keep on improving. Ohword seems pretty much perfect.

So what becomes of this blog from now on? Well, expect it to become less content based, being more of a journal of personal opinions and experiences than an actual news source. I’ll still be reviewing non-rap records, concerts, Montreal events and of course, films here but most of the rap stuff will be a casualty. I also won’t be forcing out an update every day, preferring to only write when I really got something to say. All in all, expect this blog to become more…bloggy.

So yeah, that’s about it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know the Archlord gold, in the game you need the
Archlord money. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to
buy Archlord gold, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the
archlord online Gold, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
cheap Archlord gold. I am happy with him.
Do you know the cabal alz , in the game you need the
cabal gold. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to
buy cabal alz, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the
cabal money, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
cabal online alz. I am happy with him.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home