Sunday, January 22, 2006

Ghostface Killah – Fishscale cover and Snippet (and more Wu news)




Good to know that man put the Killah back in his name.

So what do you think of the cover? I definitely like it more than his Dougie Fresh tribute last time around and while it has the same over-lit over-photoshoped style of mixtape photography that’s been going around NYC, at least it’s relatively clean and simple so I’m happy. I love how they took the album title literally and used it as a metaphor for him bringing in “boatloads of fishscale” too. That’s clever, even if 90% of the people who see the album will wonder why the hell that guy is posing in front of a bunch of dead fish.

Meanwhile I got the goods on a NEW High quality snippet of Charlie Brown, a GFK solo track produced by none other than MF Doom. The quality is much better than the BBC one that's been making the rounds and it sounds dope as hell occupying that fine line between grimy and dancy with its funky uptempo drums and superhero themed sample. It’s hard to make out Ghost’s flow at this speed but it’s dope to hear him on this kind of production and obviously, he sounds on point.

That ain’t enough: Apparently Ghostface has an untitled joint with all 8 members of the clan…produced by Doom. Holy Chili Con Carne that could be dope…Hopefully Rza (who’s conveniently on the cover of this month’s Scratch Magazine) will feel threatened or something and go into hyper grimy mode if he’s not already.

Finally, I’d like to officially state that I’ve warmed up to Ghost’s first single, Back like that. I admit that it wasn’t what I expected: Ghostface had promised something real grimy and this was just…off. The Willie Hutch sample was dope but Ne Yo’s heeeeyyy giiirrrlll vocals were just on the wrong side of processed. Dozens of listens later it’s a keeper and at least as dope as Never be the same again. Plus if the rest of the album sounds like Charlie Brown, that’s a pretty good trade off.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know the fiesta Gold, in the game you need the
fiesta money. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to
buy fiesta Gold, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the
fiesta online gold, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
fiesta online money. I am happy with him.
Do you know the Darkfall Gold, in the game you need the Darkfall money. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to buy Darkfall Gold, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the Darkfall Gold, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
cheap Darkfall gold. I am happy with him.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home