Monday, January 30, 2006

The dopest website I’ve come accross recently

It’s a widely accepted fact that I don’t understand any electronic music above 110BPM and even that’s being generous. Despite my appreciation for all things Hiphop and the surrounding downtempo genres of music, I don’t enjoy the club environment that much so the intricate details of Hard-acid-trancecore usually escape me. After all, I don’t want to be one of those weird people listening to dance music in his headphones, those guys are just creepy.

Still, I gotta admit that like Brownie, Ishkur has done a heckuva job with his online guide to Electronic dance music. Apart from being informative and sample-packed so a novice can learn the subtle differences between subgenres (and boy do these guys LOVE subgenres, they seem shit out a new one every two days when regular), the guide also offers so A-list sarcasm which makes the whole thing bearable. I mean, some of that music is just terribly humorous and it’s nice to have it presented as such. The Hiphop section is a little spotty but actually fairly representative of how “Electronic music” people seem to view it and it works for what it is.

All in all recommended reading for those of us who can’t figure out what our raver friends are talking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home