Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The People’s update

I have survived my grueling 4 night work-weekend though it nearly cost me 2 fingers which suffered deep lacerations. I wish I were joking. This makes typing slightly more difficult but I will persevere with this blog because you¸ the people demand it and I am forever your devoted servant.

I came home last night high off the thrill of a completed week (and marijuana, high off marijuana) to watch the newest Boondocks episode only to find that that accursed scoundrel Siu Fung beat me to the punch. Luckily we both noticed different things about the episode as I didn’t see the big deal about the Bruce Lee reference. Obviously, like most non-Bosnian Caucasoids, Chuck Norris was my childhood hero.

Please click on that Chuck Norris link. You won’t be disappointed.

Personally I found the episode to be absolutely hilarious and undoubtedly the best one yet. The Blind Nigga Samurai segment set to a classic Wu-Tang track alone validates the entire series’ existence. Poisonous paragraphs smash your phonographs in half is still one of the illest opening lines ever put to wax and Riley is still the funniest character. Bring in Caesar for season 2 though!

In other news, I may or may not be reporting on Def Jam’s newest artist’s first Montreal concert this Friday. This depends entirely on my roping up at least 1 person to shell out 12.50$ to see a white British girl rap. Montreal cats can expect online instant pestering on the subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home