Thursday, October 06, 2005

Ghostface ft Raekwon – Kilos

If having a Pete Rock produced first single and an upcoming collaboration album with MF Doom wasn’t enough, Ghostface Killah just leaked a new track from his upcoming album Fishscale and it is grimy. Using a 70’s Sesame Street style educational record extolling the metric system, he creates a funky-yet abstract ode to cocaine trafficking. The kicker is definitely the gleefully innocent vocal sample extolling that all around the world today, the kilo is the measure! A kilo is a thousand grams…it’s easy to remember. I doubt the singer was thinking of coke when she originally sang that. The rhymes are only partially intelligible on the leaked version as DJ KAY SLAY FROM AROUND THE WAY yells all over the damn thing, but from the sound of it the guy basically condensed Young Jeezy’s entire album into one concise ode to drug dealing. Guest emcee Raekwon The Chef previously seen posing with weed and generally acting refreshed and rejuvenated also comes correct spitting similar subject matter. Face it, there are few things as nice as Ghostface and Raekwon talking about illegal substances and you want this.

So here it is.

Also, while we’re on the subject, in a recent interview Busta Rhymes had this to say about Raekwon’s upcoming Cuban Linx II album:

I hopped on Raekwon’s project because Raekwon and Ghost to me, just put me on another level, musically - the whole Wu-Tang did. (…) They whole movement was historic and no one has done it like they have done it. I told Raekwon that he didn’t need to make another album he needed to make another movie because Cuban Linx played like a movie, that whole album from the packaging to the color of the tape was classic. So I just hollered at him and told him he needed to recapture that. But honestly, I feel like I just sparked the energy and I am there for moral support. I mean I heard hot beats that I couldn’t use and I felt was right for him I slid them to him and we just worked like that. But as far as beats and all that, he and RZA have teamed up and created some sh*t that made my eyes water yo. Like on some emotional s**t, I may be a little biased but this album is going to be some fire.

I’m anticipating Busta’s new Dr Dre produced album and I seriously think he has a chance to finally release something that’s all killer no filler, but I’m glad that he’s just overseeing Rae’s project and not actually the guy handling the day to day stuff. RZA is the man to be in charge of a project of this magnitude and even though I still say they shouldn’t use that title (Blood On Chef’s Apron is still the best unused album title ever) I can’t help but get excited at the prospects of a sequel to the greatest Hiphop album of all time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home