Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Biochemical Equation

Oooh...Fumble.

While my Wu-Tang obsession continues unabated (they were after all, my single favorite musical act during my teenage years), I gotta call a spade a spade and say that the much hyped Rza/MF DOOM collaboration Biochemical Equation is...Underwhelming. Not that it's really bad, in fact, the RZA beat behind it show much promise even if someone needs to remind dude that he used to be the world's grimmiest drum programmer. Rhyme wise, RZA comes off dope as well, resembling the kind of verse he dropped on the recent Outlines or Advanced Pawns: not quite Rzarecta in his prime but certainly nicer than Bobby.

So what's the problem?

Well, it sounds like a RZA solo track with MF Doom tacked on the end. And by tacked on the end I mean it sounds like he was woken up at 4:00 AM spit 16 bars with his voice still horse and went back to sleep. Not quite the epic meeting that we expected.

So yeah, here it is. I'm still listening to it, but mainly for RZA. Luckily the Doom vs. Ghostface project seems to be going in the right direction.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Wong Online PoKer Hu said...

It just so happen that I stumbled in this blog that I was introduced to the concept of biohazards. It might be the first of many thing to come. I hoe everything falls in place before I get bored.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home